Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems.
Our mission at Verdigris is to enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. In the future, buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Verdigris is an intelligent electricity monitoring and notification system for mission-critical commercial facilities. Our sensors enable artificial intelligence to develop unique energy insights. We can even predict unseen equipment failures and automate energy management.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We believe deeply in the power of a growth mindset for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
As a Solution Architect at Verdigris, you're part sales, part implementation engineer. As an early member of a startup company, your responsibilities are broad. Customers will lean on your expertise. You will translate their requirements into a sensible Verdigris deployment scope. From nurturing customer prospects to coordinating installations and verifying equipment commissioning, you’ll work with growth and customer operations colleagues to deliver a seamless, scalable customer setup experience.
About the Growth and Customer Teams
At Verdigris, we organize ourselves as small agile teams between 3 and 8 people. The Growth team drives customer acquisition, revenue growth and platform deployment. The Customer team delivers insights and helps customers get more value. Your teammates are cross-functional. We have diverse and deep experience in sales, marketing, business development, product marketing, account management, data science and building systems engineering. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus.
- Conduct customer technical discovery to determine if Verdigris is right for them
- Work with the Growth team to identify customer jobs-to-be-done
- Architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements and unblock technical hurdles
- Recommend implementation strategies, enterprise architectures, platform and application infrastructure required for success
- Support the sales cycle in all technical aspects, including bid responses, quotes, and education and proof of concept work
- Evolve our enterprise resource planning tools to fulfill appropriate customer configurations
- Work with electrician groups to ensure proper system installation and equipment commissioning
- Provide “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Verdigris effectiveness
- Prepare product messaging to highlight Verdigris value propositions and differentiators in presentation collateral, white papers, and RFI (Request for Information) response documents
- You have extensive experience (3+ years) working with multiple stakeholders in designing and implementing technical solutions to meet diverse customers needs or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a professional services or systems engineer)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have working knowledge of, or strong desire to learn about, building operations, MEP design and construction.
- You can read electrical and mechanical drawings or have a strong desire to learn about them
- You can tailor your message to your audience and can talk to engineers, executives and everyone in-between
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment
- You are a strong active listener and communicate well in all mediums
- You are willing to travel as required, likely 5%-25% of the time
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field with experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to Big Data trends, IOT solutions, Security and data technology issues within businesses
- You have training in Challenger Selling, Customer Discovery Selling, or similar
Personal & Professional Growth
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup – we're disrupting the building energy management industry and impacting climate change in the process. As a Verdigrisian you will have the opportunity to work with experts across machine learning, product design, and business. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and technical support for the curious mind in a vast and unpredictable world. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect to be surrounded by thoughtful, bright, funny and hardworking folks, who motivate you to work hard and laugh harder. Here, you will find someone to rock climb with, to run around Nasa's beautiful campus with, or who can teach you how to make empanadas and Pad Thai from scratch. We deeply value learning from differing perspectives and strive to ensure all voices are heard, validated, and honored.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.