Mountain View, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. We expect that buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants. Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. We are at a critical inflection point. Having spent significant time developing some really exciting technology, we are focused now on amplifying customer value and execution.
We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams and that growth mindsets are critical for team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to help us handle that challenge and more.
About the Role
Specifically, the Product Manager at Verdigris will work closely with our CTO and technical software, hardware and data science teams to help us drive the vision and execution of the product. This role will ensure Verdigris brings to market products that users want, solve key business needs, and generate profit. Key to this is an in-depth understanding of our various customer personas and their needs. The Product Manager will help our teams make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth and timelines. They will help prioritize decisions effectively, monitor progress, and negotiate discordant perspectives. Data driven decisions will demonstrate customer value and influence the roadmap.
- Define the ideal experience, features, solutions required for all of our clients, Enterprise, Channel partners and SMB.
- Build feedback channels and coordinate across technical and business teams. You raise and resolve risks and address misalignment
- Use your customer empathy, listening and interpersonal skills to represent the voice of the customer.
- Work closely with the CTO and product owners to understand product requirements and roadmap.
- Take ownership of the results - track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next.
- Demonstrate cross functional leadership. You will use your nuanced understanding of customer needs and strong communication skills to bridge organizational gaps between teams.
- Manage the expectations of internal and external customers by prioritizing resources, work, and negotiating product requirements. You will make trade-offs considering complexity and timelines.
- Collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions. You will drive to agreements on solutions and their adoption.
- Bring your knowledge of agile development to help refine Verdigris' product development practices and improve processes across teams and the customer.
- Use your business insight to suggest innovative solutions, considering product positioning and market requirements.
- Bring 5+ years of product management experience, defining, owning and managing the product roadmap.
- Have a bachelors in Engineering Management, Computer Science, or related field.
- Bring empathy and strong interpersonal communication to discover and understand the needs of your customers and team.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the user at every stage of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise building and delivering software products, preferably in the IoT space Proven success managing multiple work streams, projects and resources to ensure on-time delivery.
- Strategic use of data to drive products, decisions and prioritization. You strive towards delivering business solutions with consistency and quality.
- Skill in problem synthesis, problem solving and decision making.
- Bring knowledge of Agile principles. You have experience leading sprints, building user stories, writing specifications, and managing team resources.
- Proven track record of working within a fast paced team-oriented environment. You've engaged stakeholders across teams.
- Experience conducting user and market research to merge our vision with customer and market needs
- Have a related advanced degree (MBA, Computer Science, etc.)
- Built hardware and software Carry a strong business background, project management or scrum certifications
- Experience working in the energy services market
- Bring strong technical skills. You know how microservices work, cloud development and architecture, APIs, and middleware modern backend and front end frameworks
- Understanding of database technologies - SQL, No SQLKnow functional programming paradigm.
- Experience in Apache Spark, Hadoop or a similar distributed computing framework.
- Knowledge of distributed database systems (e.g. Cassandra, ScyllaDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Exposure to machine learning pipelines
- Equity in a fast growing start-up
- We're based at NASA
- Growth-minded culture and structure for continuous feedback
- Unlimited paid time off
- Gold level Healthcare and Dental Insurance with 85% coverage for spouses & dependents
- Commitment to personal & professional development
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry and impacting climate change in the process. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free experts in engineering, product design, and business. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect to be surrounded by thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. Here, you can always find someone to rock climb with, to run around Nasa's beautiful campus with, or teach you how to make empanadas and Pad Thai from scratch. We deeply value learning from differing perspectives and strive to ensure all voices are heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.