Moffett Field, CA 94035 /
Growth – US S&M /
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
About the Role
As a Marketing Director, you are responsible for leading and developing demand generation programs to accelerate our revenue pipeline and support the sales team.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people. The Growth team’s mission is to improve the rate at which we deliver demand for Verdigris products and reduce the friction to customers realizing value from Verdigris. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization.
We’re searching for the right teammate to share a collaborative growth focus. You have a strong balance of soft and technical skill sets and a passion generating demand. You have an eye and intuition for strong design and copy but backed by data-driven and analytical rigor.
- Plan, execute, and measure demand generation programs to accelerate sales pipeline and grow revenue.
- Lead efforts with Customer Success, Marketing Technologist, Head of Growth and Enterprise Sales Executives to plan and execute quarterly/yearly revenue and go-to-market strategy.
- Listen and engage Customer Success teams and customers to improve our product market focus
- Lead our inbound content strategy leveraging the Skyscraper Technique.
- Own our website and messaging through contentful CMS
- Coordinate, create and editorialize our blog posts and press releases
- Build our brand and thought leadership on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter)
- Manage PR and media relations.
- Help develop key growth products eg. WOM features, key tactics and assets for pipeline acceleration, effective copy and positioning.
- Conduct research, evaluate product demand and identify our target audiences.
- Managing our marketing budget associated with driving leads and opportunities.
- Accurately measure and report the performance of our pipeline, campaign effectiveness and customer acquisition ROI.
- You have 5+ years B2B technology marketing experience
- You have an advanced degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Digital Media or similar field
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- You have demonstrated successful design, creation and execution of B2B marketing campaigns
- You understand quantitative and qualitative marketing research techniques and decision analysis
- You understand the overall go-to-market process, how others participate in it and how it evolves and scales.
- You have experience with mailgun, sendgrid, Salesforce, and marketing automation tools
- You have an ability to work cross functionally with teams of complementary skill sets, eg. sales, customer, product, and engineering teams
- You have B2B marketing experience in early-stage VC-backed companies
- You are an expert with Salesforce CRM and other Marketing Automation Software
- You hold an MBA from a Tier 1 School
- You've demonstrated credentials of the highest performance academically or professionally
- You have engineering or software development in your background
- You have an a prolific and influential online presence
- You are an expert content writer
- You are familiar with Biran Dean's Skyscraper technique and other SEO abstraction techniques
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating for the energy management industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. When we are not sheltering-in-place, you can usually find someone to tour our historic NASA campus or make hummus or play "Among Us" with. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.