Moffett Field, CA 94035
Verdigris Technologies, Inc., Mountain View, CA seeks Data Scientists - Tasked with generating business value from our unstructured data lake using mathematical standard models.
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
- Responsible for taking projects from research to production, building products across entire product lifecycle.
- Use of controls and optimization strategies to work on projects on a data scientist's roadmap include energy forecasting, motor fault detection, disaggregation, anomaly detection, energy storage optimization, and building controls among others.
- Use of multiple models including Linear models, SVM, Trees, Neural Networks and K-Means.
- Work entails a high degree of collaboration with all team members from growth to hardware, to full-stack, to customer success.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to design new products.
- Own features from proof-of- concept to production and maintenance.
- Uncover hidden information within diverse datasets and apply signal processing techniques to time series data.
- Fetch and store data from web APIs, Spark, and databases, navigating multiple databases in order to store and parse data.
- Wrangle and clean data from novel sources, using controls and optimization strategies and Python programming language.
- Work in unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised domains, demonstrating a capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Practice agile software development practices to help Verdigris develop team processes for transparent workflows and cross-functional development.
- Requires Masters (or educ. equiv.) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science or related field and two (2) years of experience in the job offered or related.
- Experience must have included: Use of mathematical standard models including Linear models
- SVM, Trees, Neural Networks and K-Means
- Building products across entire product lifecycle from research to production
- User of Python programming language
- Navigating multiple databases in order to store and parse data
- Applying signal processing techniques to time series data;
- Use of controls and optimization strategies.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.