Growth Full Stack Engineer
Mountain View, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
As a Growth Full Stack Engineer, your mission is to build the products and software tools to enable our team to scale.
About the Growth Team
Do you prefer the autonomy that comes with a highly transparent organization with minimal hierarchy? At Verdigris, we organize ourselves as small agile teams, typically sized between 3 to 8 people. These teams sync on company strategy, but decide on how to achieve these goals independently. Growth supports the company’s mission by improving the rate at which we deliver demand for Verdigris products and by helping customers realize value. Our team is multi-functional, with diverse and deep experience in sales, marketing, business development, product marketing, data science, and coding. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus. While you have a skill set and passion for customer success, you may be relied on to collaborate on everything growth related.
- You will help us develop products that deliver insightful data to our customers
- You will collaborate with product teams in mapping/enhancing customer journey
- You will establish system for tracking metrics
- You will work with Customer Success to ensure continued and sustained technical support for existing customers
- Your responsibilities will include contributing to our agile engineering practices, pairing culture, and organizational processes in your team across our entire company
- Write tools and create products to automate onboarding, training, vendor management, support, customer success management, account renewal, upsell, and advocacy
- You hold an advanced degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- You have 3-5 years full time industry experience in software engineering
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- You have experienced the full release cycle of a commercial product
- You embrace paired programming, test driven development and continuous integration
- You learn continuously and are passionate about software development
- You listen actively and build consensus
- You empathize strongly with customer problems
- You communicate complex concepts simply
Nice to haves
- You are experienced in middleware, modern backend frameworks (Rails, Django, Node.js, etc.) and frontend frameworks (Ember.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- You are experienced in cloud computing environments like AWS
- We invite you to include your GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab account, any blogs or websites you maintain, and any software projects you worked on that you're proud of with your submission.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or status.