Growth – US S&M /
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants. Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. As a company we value collaborating and growing.
As a Solutions Engineer, your #1 goal is solving the customer's problems. Customers rely on you as a trusted technical expert to solve their business challenges. You also represent the core technical competency of our company. You work with developers to support sales and account teams. You translate complex enterprise needs into deployed and fully integrated solutions. You are a cross-functional collaborator with both breadth and technical depth. You have diverse skills and an ability to dive deep into any subject to figure it out.
About the Growth team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people. The Growth team’s mission is to grow revenues and help customers realize value from our system. Our team is multi-functional. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus to help build a scalable customer-facing team.
- You will support sales and success teams in all technical aspects.
- You will support product demonstrations.
- You will conduct proof-of-concept engineering.
- You will assist with technical and info-sec diligence and architect solutions and strategies to meet requirements and overcome technical hurdles.
- You will quote, source and manage any 3rd party developers required for success.
- You will support, manage and train others to fully deploy technical solutions.
- You will develop Verdigris' differentiators for presentations, white papers, and RFIs (Request for Information) documents.
- You will prepare business case collateral from pilots and full deployments and help demonstrate ROI.
- You will help collect customer data, analyze outcomes and support learning, future success and enabling insights to inform product and support roadmaps for future customer deliverables.
- You hold a degree (BS) in Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree.
- You have 5+ years in a customer-facing technical role (eg. as professional services consultant, field engineer, product developer, or systems engineer)
- You can tailor your message to your audience, and communicate fluently with engineers and executives alike.
- You have experience with software applications engineering, AI-enabled sensors or embedded IoT systems, cloud applications software and development, and API integration.
- You know network information security requirements and can support enterprise security requests.
- You have working knowledge of or a strong desire to learn about AC electrical systems, critical facility operation, building HVAC systems and MEP design and construction.
- You can prototype and develop lightweight API integrations to enable seamless customer integration and/or project manage or guide 3rd-party developers.
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment
- You are a strong active listener, and can communicate well in all mediums.
- You are willing and able to travel to customers as needed (15-25% of the time)
Nice to Haves
- You have cofounded or were an early employee in tech startup focused on a similar enterprise demographic and have demonstrated success scaling these clients.
- You have built a network of clients with whom you have already established your technical capabilities
- You have over 5 years experience in early customer development, early enterprise sales development, or more mature consultative sales engineering.
- You have Master's Degree in Computer Science and/or electrical engineering, data science, or similar technical domain.
- You have experience carrying customer revenue quotas.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. During these turbulent times, we’ve focused our efforts on advancing energy management to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our field. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. The world is changing rapidly. Once we return from sheltering-in-place, you might find someone to tour our historic NASA campus with. For now, we are an all-remote team that values differing perspectives and embraces candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.