Sales Applications Engineer
Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. As a company we value working together and continuously growing.
As a Sales Applications Engineer, the number one responsibility is the customer. Customers will lean on your expertise as the most customer-facing highly technical role. SAE’s represent the core technical competencies of our company and interact closely with product managers and account management teams. You will translate complex business requirements into sensibly designed solutions, physical deployments and fully integrated customer solutions. You will partner with other growth and customer operations colleagues to architect success plans and deliver seamless, scalable customer experiences.
You will work with all teams and will need to have a breadth and depth skill set. SAE’s and architects will have diverse knowledge with topics of specific expertise and the ability to dive deep into any other subject and figure it out.
About the Growth team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people. The Growth team’s mission is to improve our rate of product demand, and to help customers realize value from our service. Our team is multi-functional with broad skills in building a scalable customer facing organization. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus. While you have deep technical skill sets you are passionate about customer success. You will be relied on to collaborate on other growth related responsibilities to support the team.
- You will conduct customer technical discovery to qualify Verdigris and customer fit.
- You will work with the Growth team to identify and develop customer success plans.
- You will architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements and unblock technical hurdles.
- You will recommend implementation strategies, enterprise architectures, platform and application infrastructure and any 3rd party collaborations required for success.
- You will support the sales cycle in all technical aspects, including technical diligence responses, scoping and quoting, professional service project estimations, customer education, business case analysis and proof of concept engineering.
- You will evolve our enterprise resource planning tools to fulfill appropriate customer configurations
- You will work with contract electricians, customer teams, and 3rd party vendors to ensure successful systems installation, equipment commissioning, and integration.
- You will provide “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Verdigris effectiveness.
- You will help coach the customer develop processes and ensure successful implementation.
- You will prepare materials highlighting Verdigris value propositions and differentiators in presentation collateral, white papers, and RFI (Request for Information) response documents.
- You will prepare final business case collateral from pilots and full deployments.
- You will collect customer data, analyze successful outcomes and deliver collateral to support learning, future success and enable insights to optimize designs and support for future customer deliverables.
- You hold a degree (BS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent analytical degree
- You have 5+ years working with multiple stakeholders in designing and implementing technical solutions to meet diverse customer needs, or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a professional services or systems engineer)
- You have working knowledge of or strong desire to learn about AC electrical systems, critical building operations, commercial HVAC systems, MEP design, and construction.
- You understand information security concerns, constraints and requirements to support and pass client IT requests.
- You can read electrical and mechanical drawings, or have a strong desire to learn
- You can tailor your message to your audience, and can talk to engineers, executives, and everyone in between.
- You can quickly and rapidly prototype and develop API integrations both internal and external to enable seamless customer integrations and guide 3rd party developers.
- You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and favor teamwork in your ideal environment
- You are a strong active listener, and communicate well in all mediums.
- You are willing and able to travel to customers as needed (likely 5-25% of the time)
Nice to Haves
- You have graduate level engineering training or advanced degrees in software engineering, data science, or equivalent experience.
- You have experience in and understanding of, data information management - especially as it relates to electrical infrastructure, cloud architectures, IOT solutions, security and data technology issues within critical facilities businesses.
- You are training in Challenger Selling, Customer Discovery Selling, or similar selling methodology
- You’ve led and run successful scaled technology and service implementations into F500 enterprise customers at 6 and 7 figure contracts.
- You’ve worked in a startup environment and have the ability to wear many hats.
- Domestic travel may be required
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating for the energy management industry hoping to affect climate change.
Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. When we are not sheltering-in-place, you can usually find someone to tour our historic NASA campus or make empanadas from scratch. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.