Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We think buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants and see our work as critical to inventing ambient intelligence. Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations to predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We deeply believe in the power of growth mindsets for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Team
Embedded design is literally our eyes and ears. We enhance the way our customers use electrical resources within buildings. The delivery of energy intelligence relies on knowing what’s physically happening in a building. These measurement points will be crafted by passionate people like you.
At Verdigris, you will explore rich energy datasets through our advanced IoT connected sensors. You will have a unique opportunity as an embedded engineer to extend our understanding of buildings by improving the capabilities of our sensors. We invite you to become a member of Verdigris and join our mission to preserve the environment we live in.
- Embedded Software: You work with firmware, Board Support Packages, and drivers to deliver key current sensing features to our existing designs.
- Design for Scale: You support our deployments through rigorous testing and remote servicing infrastructure.
- Electrical Design: You design and support electrical systems in remote areas.
- Team Growth: Your contributions to our team aren’t just technical. Help us develop team processes for transparent workflows and multi-functional development. Learn, Grow, and Lead.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You have experience building Embedded Linux Kernels, modules, and packages (Debian)
- You can architect industrial and consumer grade test methodologies
- You know how to use IoT communication frameworks (MQTT, AWS IoT)
- You understand electrical designs
- You deploy your work using Cloud Computing infrastructure (AWS, Heroku)
- You are a continuous learner seeking to expand your skill sets in work and life.
- You highly value paired development and robust testing methodologies to accelerate your work and team
- You can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have personal GitHub pages projects, hackathon participation, open source contributions… show us something that you’re proud of!
- You are able to give and accept feedback.
- You can effectively self-manage and prioritize your time.
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup – we're disrupting the building energy management industry. Smart buildings and IoT is a growing market that we aim to disrupt through developed patented, breakthrough technology for optimizing building performance. Great building energy intelligence relies on a delightful hardware experience, while elegant IoT solutions rely on aspirational individuals like you.
We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and technical support for the curious mind in a vast and unpredictable world. As a part of our team, you will work with industry leaders across machine learning, product design and business to further our ecological mission. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and flexibility in roles to get the job done, we'd love to meet you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.