Moffett Field, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We think buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants and see our work as critical to inventing ambient intelligence. Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations to predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We deeply believe in the power of growth mindsets for individuals and team development. Don't worry if you don't understand energy analytics and facilities automation just yet. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Team
Embedded design is literally our eyes and ears. We enhance the way our customers use electrical resources within buildings. The delivery of energy intelligence relies on knowing what’s physically happening in a building. These measurement points will be crafted by passionate people like you.
At Verdigris, you will explore rich energy datasets through our advanced IoT connected sensors. You will have a unique opportunity as an embedded engineer to extend our understanding of buildings by improving the capabilities of our sensors. We invite you to become a member of Verdigris and join our mission to preserve the environment we live in.
- Commit to Your Development: Teach and learn within a team of continuously improving engineers.
- Practice Agility: Help us develop a cross-functional culture.
- Embedded Software: Write firmware, Board Support Packages, and drivers to deliver key current sensing features to our existing designs.
- Design for Scale: Build rigorous factory tests and develop remote service infrastructure.
- Electrical and Mechanical Design: Design, prototype, and test complex electrical products to be deployed in very remote areas.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You can communicate complex concepts using simple explanations.
- You embrace paired programming, test driven development, and modern testing methods
- You know embedded linux OS's, modules, and packages (Debian)
- You are a continuous learner seeking to expand your skills in work and life
- You are a systems architect with an ability to design rigorous testing methods
- You have an interest in board-level electrical designs and mechanicals
- You bring knowledge from 3+ years of relevant experience
- You are able to give and receive feedback.
- You have personal GitHub pages projects, hackathon participation, open source contributions… show us something that you’re proud of!
- You know how to use IoT communication frameworks (MQTT, AWS IoT)
- You deploy your work using Cloud Computing infrastructure (AWS, Heroku)
Personal & Professional Growth
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup – we're disrupting the building energy management industry and impacting climate change in the process. As a Verdigrisian you will have the opportunity to work with experts across machine learning, product design, and business. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and technical support for the curious mind in a vast and unpredictable world. If you value open collaboration, pairing, agile teams and cross-functionality in roles to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect to be surrounded by thoughtful, bright, funny and hardworking folks, who motivate you to work hard and laugh harder. Here, you will find someone to rock climb with, to run around Nasa's beautiful campus with, or who can teach you how to make empanadas and Pad Thai from scratch. We deeply value learning from differing perspectives and strive to ensure all voices are heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.