Senior Full-Stack Engineer
R&D – Product /
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Our mission at Verdigris is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. We see our work as a critical step toward inventing ambient intelligence. In the near future, we think buildings will become autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants. Our product is a SaaS for high-end commercial buildings. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects.
We believe extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. We deeply believe in the power of growth mindsets for individuals and team development. As a fast learner and collaborative teammate, you are ready to handle that challenge and more.
About the Team
At Verdigris, we organize as small agile teams. The Taiwan team is multi-functional with focuses on product and business development for Asian customers. We are looking for you who understands the importance of energy management and sustainability and decides to take actions for our next generations. Verdigris is a cross-cultural team where every Verdigrisian is welcome to share and contribute. While you have the skillset and passion for this industry, we will be interested in meeting you!
As a full-stack engineer at Verdigris, you will bring our insights to life. You are a team-minded software expert who will refine our tech stack, our engineering culture, and impact our portfolio of mission-critical commercial buildings. Your primary responsibility is to help our team produce insightful data for our customers. Your communication skills will allow you to convey information to your team members, sales, marketing, and other teams.
- Design, support, maintain, and upgrade highly performant and tested APIs and internal services using tools like Python, Celery, Kubernetes, MySQL, Mongo, and Redis
- Migrate our platform and solution to support agnostic deployments.
- Design, vet, build and deploy scalable data pipelines (spanning data ingestion, ETL, and machine learning analytics)
- Architect test plans in order to implement maintainable code
- Interact with backend APIs and optimize responsiveness
- Research and select toolsets to enhance user experience with dynamic content
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent degree.
- You are comfortable with either short-term or long-term business travel to China and closely work with the China team.
- You carry expertise in middleware, modern backend frameworks (Rails, Django, any Node.js based frameworks, etc.)
- You build and integrate microservices with seamless execution
- You have 5+ years of experience in shipping software products.
- You navigate AWS or other cloud computing environments with ease (Ali Cloud, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- You are adept at using container technologies like Docker
- You hold advanced knowledge of source control (Git)
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS Aurora, etc.) and NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.)
Nice to Haves
- You carry the knowledge of distributed database systems (e.g. Cassandra, ScyllaDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- You have deployed machine learning pipelines, involving regression, neural networks, classification algorithms, or other optimization algorithms.
- You have experience in building and scaling IoT products (MQTT protocol, AWS IoT)
- You know marshaling frameworks (Protobuf, Thrift, etc.)
- You have an intimate understanding of *nix or other POSIX compliant operating systems (Linux, BSD, OS X)
- You speak English at a professional level