Executive and Office Administrator
Mountain View, CA 94035
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
The Business Operations Team
At Verdigris, we organize as agile teams with 4 to 8 people. The Business Ops team ("Bops") is the operational arm of the company. You’ll be part of a multi-functional team with broad skills building a remarkable organization. Verdigrisians rely on us for planning, investor relations, board meetings, finance and accounting, compensation and benefits, recruiting, workplace design, debt/equity financings, contracts, IP and IT. You will influence our culture, share our focus, and pitch in when its all hands on deck. You will provide insights into processes to help us be smarter and help us move quicker with automation and creative tools. You’ll innovate ways for Verdigris to grow.
Who you are
You have excellent organizational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work well with people at all levels within our organization. You can handle sensitive information with care and maintain confidentiality. Verdigris Executives will rely on you to help decide which calls and meetings are truly urgent and which can wait. A good sense of humor and the ability to defuse tense situations will be important assets, as will the ability to distill complex information into key points. You enjoy learning and troubleshooting on the go. You have lots of energy, analytical skills, and emotional intelligence. With these foundational skills, a motivated prospective Executive and Office Administrator can quickly pick up additional knowledge and competencies to thrive.
- Correspondence preparation: You will write and edit emails, letters and reports, demonstrating a mastery of spelling, grammar, and word processing, database and presentation tools.
- Prioritization: You will actively listen to and be tuned into multiple business and strategic aspects of the organization, helping executives prioritize the most urgent tasks.
- Meeting and calendar management: You will manage our executives’ calendars, schedule team meetings, prepare agendas, operate audio-visual systems during meetings, record minutes and ensure that meetings don’t exceed time limits. You will coordinate schedules for office conference rooms.
- Travel preparation: You will schedule flights, make hotel reservations and coordinate out-of-town meetings for the executives, and other teammates if necessary.
- Event management: You will schedule events, investor meetings, conferences, dinners, lunches and team retreats as they arise.
- Documentation, meeting minutes and internal communication: You will compose, store, organize and manage digital files and documents as well as distill down key points from strategic conversations for teammates.
- Reports & Presentations: Compile data and create and present reports as requested
- Office Management: Handle inventory and ordering of office supplies, office equipment, kitchen items, snacks, and other incidentals necessary for office operations. Assist in office layout improvements
- Cross Team Facilitation: Assist with new employee onboarding & off-boarding where needed. Assist in recruiting and hiring new employees, including interview scheduling
- You have >3 Years as an Executive assistant or administrator, with 1-2 years in a start-up environment, directly supporting executives
- You understand and interpret complex information related to both abstract (relationships) and technical (inventory management) office responsibilities
- You work efficiently and independently, exhibiting a high degree of resourcefulness in your problem solving approach
- You use emotional intelligence to aid in resolution of human-driven office complications and manage challenging situations calmly
- You listen well and quickly process verbal communication and directions
- You communicate effectively both in speech and writing, adapting communication strategically for different stakeholders
- You adapt fast to changing demands and responsibilities
- You stay flexible and are organized, juggling multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- You delegate tasks diplomatically and effectively
- You manages time strategically, both for yourself and others, and schedule in different time zones with ease
- You guide projects and workflows from initiation to completion tactically and have a methodological approach to research tasks
- You catch details both big and small
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with. Or someone to teach you how to make empanadas from scratch. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or status.