Customer Success Engineer
One reason we like working here is that we enjoy spending our time on meaningful problems. Verdigris is disrupting the building energy metering industry. Our mission is to sustain and enrich human life through the development of responsive energy intelligence. We deploy machine-learning sensors and generate powerful recommendations. We predict failure of critical equipment, track energy demand, and inform efficiency projects. Extraordinary outcomes require exceptional teams. Your mission is to help us ensure our excellence, while impacting energy conservation.
About the Role
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will grow our customers and channel partners in success. You will increase our value to them by helping develop new ways to add value in the buildings they operate, and expand to new facilities in their organization. As part of a broader Growth team, you'll also collaborate to identify product-market fit opportunities so that we can drive adoption of our innovative energy platform in order to make an impact on the broader market.
About the Growth Team
At Verdigris, we organize ourselves as small agile teams, typically sized between 3 to 8 people. These teams sync on company strategy, but decide on how to achieve these goals independently. Growth supports the company’s mission by improving the rate at which we deliver demand for Verdigris products and by helping customers realize value. Our team is cross-functional, with diverse and deep experience in sales, marketing, business development, product marketing, data science, and software development. We’re searching for the right teammate to share our collaborative focus. You have a skill set and passion for customer success, and you’re eager to collaborate with others on the bigger picture.
- Drive customer lifetime value through product adoption and customer satisfaction
- Acquire new customers through the advocacy and reference-ability of existing customers.
- Collaborate with product teams in mapping/enhancing customer journey
- Derive customer segmentation and varied strategies for success
- Automate and perform customer success activities such as on-boarding, training, managing professional service vendors, customer support, customer success management, account renewal, cross-sell / up-sell, and advocacy
- Define operational metrics for the customer success team
- Establish system for tracking metrics
- Help build our Customer Success and Business Team
- Continually enhance efficacy through technology integration
- Inspire customer success across company
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
- 5+ years experience in post-sales and customer facing experience. You’re comfortable navigating complex enterprise organizations. You are experienced and confident calling on or presenting to multiple decision makers at executive, director/management and individual contributor levels.
- You align multiple customer stakeholder groups from both economical and technical perspectives with ease and empathy.
- Your experience and awareness enable you to connect business strategies to initiatives to identify critical capabilities and solutions.
- Highly developed skills in active listening, negotiation and consensus building. You approach both customer and company problem solving with high agency.
- You approach problems analytically and in a process oriented way.
- You demonstrate a personal and professional history of continuous learning and development.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
Nice to Haves
- BS or MS degree; (Computer Science or EE background, or equivalent experience)
- You are comfortable with computer systems and programming languages.
- A firm understanding of electrical distribution systems and how they are optimized.
- An understanding of metering solutions and how they integrate with facilities workflows
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and how they are managed
- Experience engaging with facilities and operations functions within an organization (e.g. speak at a technical level with facilities teams)
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to join a mission driven startup. We're disrupting the building energy management industry to impact climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in their fields. We take career development seriously. We provide broad opportunities and support curious minds. If you value collaboration to get the job done, we would love to meet you.
You can expect thoughtful, funny, and hardworking teammates. You can always find someone to run around NASA's alluring campus with and a team that supports your interests and hobbies. We value learning from differing perspectives. We strive to ensure everyone is heard, validated, and honored. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.