In Vitro Senior Research Associate I/II
South San Francisco, CA /
Drug Discovery /
Who We Are:
Technology has transformed the way we work, communicate, travel, eat, move, and more. Yet in biopharma, it still takes 12 years to develop a single drug. Even today, thousands of diseases affecting hundreds of millions of people have no effective treatment. Accelerating the pace of bringing effective, new medicines to patients is one of the greatest opportunities for humanity.
Our mission is to develop better drugs, faster using technology. We have built an end-to-end technology-driven drug discovery platform centered around one of the field’s largest human genomics databases in neuroscience. We use machine learning to map the complex causes of disease and turn those insights into promising drug candidates on our internal biology and chemistry platforms. We are developing drugs to treat some of the biggest medical challenges today: ALS, Parkinson’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s Disease.
We have raised $134M from top tier investors (e.g. BlackRock, Eli Lilly, Merck, Section 32, Threshold Ventures, Y Combinator, etc.). We are a team of engineers, neuroscientists, and drug developers united around an audacious vision: to build the next Genentech of the digital age.
Let’s transform patient lives, together.
- Screen compounds in model systems, including successful replication of results in duplicate and triplicate studies
- Independently plan and perform in-vitro assay and techiques in support of high throughput and medium throughput projects.
- Directly screen compounds in various in-vitro models including biochemical/ biophysical and mammailan cell culture assays.
- Review and write SOPs and project research plans
- Identify and develop new assays as the project requires.
- Communicate experimental results and analysis to the project teams
- BS 2-4 years, or MS 0-2 years (preferred) in biochemistry, biology or related field
- High throughput Drug Screening experience, in industry related setting required
- Demonstrated experience working with biochemical and mammalian cell culture assays
- Experience in biochemical assays, cell free assays.
- Experience in immunoassays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex).
- Experience with data analysis using Graphpad Prism, SPSS, SAS, or Excel, and has a general knowledge of statistical analysis is a plus
- Experience with SOPs and working knowledge of ELNs is a plus
- Experience with RNA extraction and qPCR is a plus
Compensation & Benefits at Verge Genomics:
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $78,100 to $106,100. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience, the level at which they are actually hired, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and all employees are offered Equity, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, Verge Genomics also provides our employees:
*Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
*401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
*Disability insurance, Life insurance, Dependant Care FSA and Healthcare FSA
*Unlimited paid time off
*Paid parental leave
*Access to free onsite fitness center
*Free snacks and lunch for employees who work onsite
*WFH stipend for employees who work remotely
Help us revolutionize the way drugs are discovered & developed:
The startup nature of Verge Genomics provides multiple growth opportunities into other areas of the company. As one of the early employees at Verge, your work will have a direct impact on the foundation of a groundbreaking new drug development model.