Lead Computer Vision Engineer (machine learning focused)
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Hardware /
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
VergeSense is looking for computer vision experts to join our embedded development team. You will be leading a team of computer vision engineers to bring VergeSense edge computing to the next level. This is a unique opportunity to join a newly created team and make an impact on our core technologies.
What You'll Do
- Drive the development and training of our embedded computer vision models.
- Lead a computer vision focused team and mentor team members in their day to day tasks.
- Build processes and methodologies to guaranty the best real life performances.
- Build and develop performant, maintainable, and scalable computer vision/machine learning pipeline for model training and evaluation processes.
- Build and maintain high quality datasets for model training.
- Work with our firmware team to adapt your models to embedded system platforms.
- Work with our product team to narrow down requirements.
- Work with our quality team to understand the customer pain points and help bring resolution to the issues.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience in systems using machine learning based computer vision and other artificial intelligence techniques.
- 5+ industry experience working with developers on industry products.
- Experience as a team lead.
- Experience working on power limited systems (embedded platforms).
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and python.
- Solid understanding Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art Machine Learning techniques, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision.
- Hands-on experience with common machine learning frameworks and libraries – Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, OpenCV.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Ability to collaborate effectively across teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner.
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact.
- Ability to work both independently on ambiguous problems and in highly collaborative team environments.
Nice To Have
- Experience as a software or firmware developer.
- Experience working on IoT devices.
- Participated in Kaggle contests.
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.