Senior Data Analyst
Boston, MA /
Product – Data /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to partner with Product and Engineering to support the development of customer-facing workplace & real estate analytics.
As a Data Analyst at VergeSense you will play a vital role in creating and delivering insights to our clients. You will be leading the data analysis, reporting, and insights delivery for all of VergeSense clients. As a member of the Data Team, you will have access to a massive dataset of IoT sensor data focused on improved workplace and real estate strategy. You will present data analysis frequently to customers, and will need to to build relationships and narratives using data. You will be a key player helping evolve the corporate real estate industry to make data driven decisions and investments using analytics and data science.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a significant analytics background and experience with manipulating data, and configuring analytics dashboards. We are looking for a self-starter with a solid foundation of statistical principles and database interactions, combined with a desire to be the go-to person for data analysis in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference in transforming an industry.
Locations: San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA, or remote
What You'll Do
- This is a customer-facing data role! You will primarily be working with our data to deliver insights to large enterprise clients as well as interfacing with our internal teams.
- Configure off the shelf and in house analytics tools to productize dashboards and reports for customers based on your exploration of the data
- Clean and Query databases (Postgres/Redshift/Other TimeSeries DBs) to gather large amounts of complex data from sensors and other space management systems. Identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics and data visualizations to create business insights.
- Correlate data from different but related sources together to help identify second order insights for customers
- Partner closely with Engineering to design architecture and data models of existing and new data to ensure usability and performance of applications and dashboards built on top of the data
- Perform complex ad-hoc analyses in Excel to solve important business problems and formulate robust, actionable recommendations for leadership that support the product team in creating a data-driven company.
- Leverage best in class analytical programming tools, such as Jupyter notebooks, and create well documented and repeatable analytical processes.
- Contribute to the development of data strategy tools such as a data dictionary and assist with the creation of team on-boarding materials.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional datasets, and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in SQL and Python. Knowledge of R, or other scripting languages a strong plus
- Strong experience in data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding, and reporting
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and modeling
- Ability to write efficient and optimized queries against large databases
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Sisense or similar
- Desire to grow, learn, and expand responsibilities within the Product and Data Team in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with Git
- Strong communication skills
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.