Chief Financial Officer
Remote - US /
General & Administrative – Finance & Accounting /
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. In order to make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 170 companies across 43 countries and 75M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
VergeSense is seeking a dynamic, growth-oriented Chief Financial Officer (Pre-IPO Startup) to guide the company’s continued growth acceleration and enterprise value creation. The successful candidate will have proven experience scaling VC-backed SaaS/enterprise software companies through organic and M&A led growth strategies.
The CFO is responsible for directing and overseeing the financial operations of the company. This includes accounting and controllership; financial planning and analysis; treasury and cash management; audit, tax, and compliance; risk management; investor relations; and legal. Reporting to the CEO, the successful CFO will thrive in a high-growth, fluid, and metrics-oriented environment, with a deep passion for driving results.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a strategic advisor and thought partner to the CEO and executive leadership team to advance VergeSense’s vision, mission, approach and strategic plan via a sustainable business model
- Lead the accounting and financial control functions and team members that support day-to-day financial operations
- Work collaboratively across the organization to support decision-making, ensure financial integrity, and implement best practices and innovations in financial management
- Develop and analyze financial reports; making business recommendations and updating FP&A processes to optimize financial performance
- Manage the strategic planning and budgeting process
- Lead future fundraise modeling and diligence
- Define and explore strategic growth opportunities including M&A
- Implement, maintain, and audit internal financial controls, policies, and procedures
- Prepare and present regular financial reports as required by management and Board of Directors
- Manage the preparation and support of all external audits and diligence requests
- Oversee the management of the company’s capitalization table
- Have a strong leadership presence as an internal/external storyteller and simplifier
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience as a CFO or senior finance leader managing a team of finance and accounting professionals
- Experience in high growth stage enterprise business ($10-$50M ARR growing 100+% YoY)
- Experience in raising post-Series C to pre-IPO rounds; experience taking a company public a strong plus
- Strategic/operational CFO who will be a strong business partner to the CEO and be externally facing to partners/board of investors
- Deep SaaS model experience; HaaS and services a plus
- Experience with M&A (both buying and selling) and post-acquisition integration
- International business experience
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong emotional intelligence (EQ), empathetic with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and customer base
- Be customer obsessed: Advocate for customers. Constantly listen to customers, prioritize customer needs across every business objective, and continuously add value to the customer experience.
- Just get started: Dive in! You have agency, so take ownership. Don’t hesitate to make decisions and embrace uncertainty as an opportunity to learn.
- Deliver quality results: Maintain razor-sharp focus on what matters. Ruthlessly prioritize, cut distractions, and commit to excellence.
- Communicate with high bandwidth: Communicate in a clear, accurate, and appropriate manner. Encourage different viewpoints and accept feedback. Speak candidly, even when it may be uncomfortable.
- Lead with empathy: Nurture an inclusive workplace environment where people from all backgrounds are seen, heard, and supported. We thrive together.
A successful candidate resonates and embodies our core values:
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.