Field and Events Marketing Manager
Boston or Remote (East Coast) /
Marketing – Revenue Marketing & Operations /
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
VergeSense is currently looking for a dynamic Field Marketing Manager to support our event strategy, including industry, partner and customer events. This is an opportunity to expand the VergeSense events program by implementing new initiatives and program infrastructure. You will focus on engaging prospects, customers, partners and the greater community of workplace strategists through compelling events and experiences. The ideal candidate will help drive event marketing strategy, yet also roll up their sleeves and execute on all activities from trade shows and regional roadshows to virtual and company-sponsored events.
What You'll Do
- Develop the overall event strategy and objectives with marketing leadership; spearhead initiatives to meet objectives.
- Manage all elements of the event strategy – from planning, budget, execution, on-site support and post-event analysis.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, driving the overall event program and producing branding elements, promotional content and activation activities.
- Oversee all event activities that may include venue selection, exhibits, staffing, accommodations, demand generation, internal and external communications, meeting suites and post-event activities.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships, contract negotiations and logistics. Handle all related event budgets and invoice reconciliation.
- Own the post-event management to ensure follow up, and continuously monitor and optimize for event ROI, sharing performance results with key stakeholders.
- Bring new ideas and innovation to the overall VergeSense events program.
- Act transparently and communicate any roadblocks regularly.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience managing a variety of B2B events (trade shows, sales meetings, roadshows, community-building events and territory-based events) - both in-person and adapted virtually.
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong sense of accountability.
- Experience successfully managing third-party vendors, contractors and budgets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- High-energy, motivated self-starter - can work independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with senior level execs, vendors, and team members at all skill levels of the organization.
- Ability to engage with Sales to understand regional goals and enable efficient prospecting and lead follow up through programmatic approaches.
- Demonstrated program management and contract negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 40% (in normal circumstances).
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.