Head of Demand Generation
San Francisco, Boston, or Remote /
Marketing – Demand Generation /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
VergeSense is hiring a demand generation leader to build and scale the demand gen and growth function at VergeSense. The ideal individual is an ambitious, revenue-driven marketer who knows what it takes to drive pipeline.
VergeSense is a venture-backed startup with a total $22.6M investment across Tola Capital, JLL Spark, Allegion Ventures, MetaProp, Y Combinator, and Pathbreaker Ventures. Its world-class Workplace Analytics Platform is used by Fortune 500 organizations, including five of the top 10 technology companies, and analyzes over 40M square feet of real estate across 29 countries and counting.
VergeSense is on a mission to help global enterprises create productive office spaces where employees can thrive. As offices come back online, employees will have a handful of options for where they can work—their home, the local coffee shop, coworking spaces, and the company office. This will drive substantial unpredictability around when and how employees use company office space, and the office must adapt and become especially useful for whatever type of work employees choose it for.
VergeSense is providing workplace leaders with the power to measure nearly all aspects of their office layout and design so they can make informed decisions that improve employee experience, while saving millions in real estate costs. The result is happier and more productive employees who are able to work together well and be at their best.
Role and Responsibilities
VergeSense is a strategic enterprise sale. Its customers are Fortune 500 companies who are making major investments to transform their office space around the needs of today’s workforce. The ideal person for this role has built exceptional demand gen functions in the past with a track record for hitting targets and driving results. This person is also highly technical and can get their hands dirty across a variety of marketing automation, advertising, and analysis tools.
We are a high-growth startup expected to double the team in 2021. We need a smart, ambitious individual who is driven by tough goals and lives to get it done.
Example projects include:
- Meet or exceed monthly pipeline targets and grow MQLs month over month
- Define and evaluate ICP targeting criteria for our sales and marketing teams
- Build playbooks and experiments with our BDR group to increase connects and drive discovery calls
- Manage all digital marketing channels, including paid marketing, landing page creation and optimization, SEM, email marketing, and marketing automation
- Build conversion points across the marketing funnel to drive MQLs
- Work closely with our Head of Content Strategy to drive demand via in-person and virtual events
- Build our enterprise attribution model to measure funnel conversion and impact of campaigns through the sales process
- Report and analyze marketing performance across all channels to unveil new growth playbooks
- Serve as our on-team marketing ops expert to influence revenue ops systems, web page development and performance, SLA tracking, and sales processes
- 5+ years experience in a demand generation or other relevant role where you were accountable for pipeline
- Extremely analytical and constantly evaluating ROI
- Experience in an enterprise B2B industry and working alongside sales
- Strong technical and operations chops. You’re a marketing automation power user who knows Salesforce, HubSpot, Terminus, Google Analytics, Canva and digital ad platforms inside and out. You aren’t scared to “figure it out”
- Incredibly strategic. You can prioritize what will have the biggest impact.
- Deep experience in digital marketing and paid performance
- Management experience and leadership potential. We need someone who can lead this function long term
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.