Head of Product Marketing
San Francisco, Boston, or Remote /
Marketing – Product Marketing /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
VergeSense is on a mission to help global enterprises create productive office spaces where employees can thrive. As offices come back online, employees will have a handful of options for where they can work—their home, the local coffee shop, maybe a coworking space, and the company office. This will drive substantial unpredictability around when and how employees use company office space, and the office must adapt and become especially useful for whatever type of work employees choose it for.
VergeSense is providing workplace leaders with the power to measure nearly all aspects of their office layout and design so they can make informed decisions that improve employee experience while saving millions in real estate costs. The result is happier and more productive employees who are able to work together well and be at their best.
VergeSense is hiring a product marketing leader to build the product marketing function from the ground up. This is a crucial role that will work alongside Product, Sales, and Marketing to help craft our product story and positioning to drive growth.
Our new Head of Product Marketing will be able to tell a remarkable product story, create content that rallies the team internally, and can build impactful product marketing programs that drive demand among our targeted accounts.
We are a high-growth startup expected to double the team in 2021. This role is both doer and dreamer. As you set the strategy and design positioning, also expect to roll up your sleeves and use your resources to get it done.
Example projects include
- Lead the redesign of our website alongside a design agency to better tell the story of our product’s benefits and features.
- Create a framework for how to best showcase our solution and build the content to support it.
- Design and execute flagship product launches to drive demand and engage customers.
- Develop outcome-driven product positioning and messaging that inspires our core personas.
- Partner with the Product team to develop our product feature announcement cadence, big and small.
- Manage internal communication of our product, benefits and functionality to help the company tell a consistent product story.
- Partner with Sales Engineering to build sales enablement content and manage our product content sales library.
- Own competitive intel and battlecard creation for cross functional use.
- Understands B2B. Ideally you’ve directly seen the impact Product Marketing can have on demand generation and brand at an enterprise company.
- Product launch experience. We need someone who has managed major product announcements from head to toe.
- Knows GTM. This person is familiar with effective GTM strategy and how to work cross-team to have the greatest impact.
- Exemplary storyteller. We want someone who can craft a memorable story that speaks to our persona.
- Analytical and curious. Measure everything to understand its impact and learn what can be better.
- Cross functional leader. You know how to work with Product. You get Sales. You can inspire the CEO. You can rally the team around a core message.
- Strong content creator. Once you have your story, you can bring it to life through a plethora of different content types and channels.
- A natural for sales enablement. You know how to make outcome-focused positioning and use it to build sales decks, one-sheeters, or whatever else sales needs to win.
- Management experience and leadership potential. We need someone who can lead this function long term.
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.