Embedded Linux Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Hardware /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
VergeSense is looking for experienced Linux Engineer to be a strong leader in our Engineering Team.
What You'll Do
- Own firmware shipping to hundreds of global fortune 500 customers
- Work on exciting proprietary computer vision algorithms to embedded systems
- Engage constructively with team to define requirements, develop software architecture, and plan development in dynamic, evolving problem spaces.
- Be a creative element that delivers innovative solutions from concept to prototype to production.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
- Document your software designs.
- Contribute to factory test procedures to ensure shipment of quality product.
- Troubleshoot and remove defects from production software.
- Communicate and interact with team to clearly set expectations, share technical details, resolve issues, and report progress.
- Participate in brainstorms and otherwise contribute outside your area of expertise.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience developing and supporting embedded systems
- Experience researching, designing and developing contemporary processor, networking, user interface, sensor, safety, and charging electronics.
- A track record of delivering designs optimized for multiple dimensions including cost and reliability.
- Design for security experience
- Experience developing from the lowest levels of circuit design to full-scale system design and see those systems all the way through to volume manufacturing and field deployment.
- Experience working on platform software including Linux BSP, board bring-up, Linux kernel, diagnostics, and communication interfaces including RS-232/485, I2C, SPI.
- Experience designing a variety of peripheral devices and sensors.
- Experience C coding in a Linux environment.
- Ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.