Solutions Architect - US
San Francisco, Boston, or Remote /
Solution Design & Delivery – Solution Architecture /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
VergeSense is looking for dynamic and driven Solutions Architects to work with current and potential customers as trusted advisors in developing and deploying solutions to support their real estate and workplace experience strategies. The role offers a unique opportunity to hit the ground running and take a fast-growing startup to the next level.
Location: San Francisco, Boston, or remote
How you can make an impact
- Serve as a technical expert that deeply understands the VergeSense system architecture, use cases, integrations, and competitive positioning
- Consult with customers to understand their business objectives and pain points, and demonstrate the value of associated VergeSense solutions
- Partner with Sales to lead scoping and requirements gathering for each new opportunity
- Assist with RFP responses and complete technical questionnaires
- Deliver technical presentations, trainings, and production demonstrations to customers and internal teams
- Interface with customers and Sales & Product teams to assess, develop, and deliver bespoke solutions and integrations
- Represent the “Voice of the Customer” during product roadmap build out discussions
- Create documentation and develop best practices to deliver an excellent customer experience and scalable processes
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in similar roles
- Tech-Functional background with 3+ years experience working with the following technologies:
- Wireless sensors
- Computer Networking (TCP / IP, HTTPS)
- Enterprise WiFi
- Power-Over-Ethernet/ PoE
- Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure)
- Compliance Processes (SOC 2 / ISO 27k)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and experience communicating to technical and business audiences
- Strong technical writing skills
- Deep problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented person with project and resource management skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external business teams
- ~20% travel time
Nice to have
- Skills: Linux & SSH
- Knowledge of: CRE Tech, IWMS, BMS / HVAC Systems
- 2+ years of domain experience in corporate real estate
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.