Product Manager - IoT
San Francisco, Boston, or Remote /
Product – Product Management /
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
VergeSense is looking for a Product Manager to join our IoT & Connected Devices product team. We help customers measure their spaces so they can use data to transform how they operate, design, manage and use office spaces. Our large customer base and highly engaged users are looking for VergeSense to bring some stability and control to a corporate office real estate industry that is undergoing a massive transformation as companies and employees redefine the purpose of the office. We are already measuring occupancy and more across 60M+ SQFT of spaces and we are in pursuit of every SQFT.
As a Product Manager on the IoT & Connected Devices team, you will help drive the vision, strategy and execution for our AI powered, connected devices and the IoT onboarding and management user experiences. Your impact will help VergeSense scale to millions of devices in the field and ensure our customers are able to measure their spaces quickly, accurately and reliably. You will join a world class product team that is relentlessly living by VergeSense values with the aim to build products that customers love and accelerate growth for our business.
What you will do
- Become an expert in our customer use-cases and key problems, our market dynamics, our business, and last but not least our products.
- Align with the vision for Connected Devices & IoT products at VergeSense and help evolve it to address the key market trends and customer pains
- Drive the roadmap for device onboarding, installation and commissioning workflows, monitoring tools for fleet management and connectivity
- Partner with design/UX and engineering leads to perform discovery with customers and lead this empowered team through discovery → delivery → GTM.
- Partner with cross functional teams including marketing, sales and support to ensure smooth and successful GTM for your product/features.
- Define and continuously measure metrics to monitor the success of our products and features, defined by their impact on our customer needs and business objectives.
- Conduct and present market research and competitor analysis to the rest of the product team.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of product management experience
- You are hungry and motivated to make an impact and move the needle for our customers and our business
- You are a lifelong learner, curiosity is core to who you are, there is always one more “Why?” you look to ask.
- You have solid fundamentals in product management, and know how and when to make decisions with imperfect information.
- You realize the value of clear, concise and story based communication. You take pride in being able to deliver key takeaways and punchlines in the shortest, most clear way possible.
- You understand how to lead via influence, you know how to handle tough conversations with empathy and poise.
- You are organized, you do what you say, and say what you do.
- You have experience working with IOT and/or large time series data products (Plus)
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.