Staff Firmware Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Connected Devices /
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. In order to make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 170 companies across 43 countries and 75M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
We are looking for an experienced staff firmware engineer with strong technical skills to be a key part of Vergesense’s engineering team. This role is based out of our Mountain View HQ. VergeSense favors a hybrid work style and we are pretty flexible depending on personal needs.
What You'll Do:
- Drive and be a key contributor on Vergesense’s firmware releases deployed to hundreds of global fortune 500 customers.
- Drive system architecture design and new applications development end to end
- Engage constructively with your team lead and other team members to define requirements, develop software architecture and plan development.
- Use your creativity to deliver innovative solutions from concept to prototype to production.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
- Actively contribute to increase the overall quality of the code base.
- Document your software designs.
- Contribute to factory test procedures to ensure shipment of quality products.
- Drive communications and interactions with the team to clearly set expectations, share technical details, resolve issues, and report progress.
- Participate in brainstorms and otherwise contribute outside your area of expertise.
- Be a mentor to other team members
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years experience developing and supporting embedded systems.
- 7+ years experience with embedded C/C++ on Linux based systems.
- Experience with RTOS.
- Experience with IoT device features development: log streaming, over the air update management, troubleshooting tools, self diagnostics.
- Design for security experience.
- Experience working on diagnostic and communication interfaces including RS-232/485, I2C, SPI.
- Experience designing a variety of peripheral devices and sensors.
- Ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
$178,000 - $205,000 a year
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.