Remote - US /
Product – Design /
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
About the Role
Imagine the following scenarios:
You’re the CEO of a Fortune 500 company with thousands of workers suddenly expecting a flexible work schedule and setting. You care about your employees and want to make them happy, so you send out an email announcing a new work from anywhere policy. Minutes later, you get a call from a stressed-out CFO asking about the X million dollars being spent on office space.
You move into a new place within walking distance from your office. Monday morning rolls around and your boss tells you you’re being relocated to an office on the other side of town. But when you show up at the new office and look for a quiet place to get work done, you immediately start scrolling through job listings when you realize your new office has a wide open floor plan.
Decisions made about physical spaces aren’t ones to be taken lightly. These are the kinds of scenarios we’re solving for at VergeSense — by providing data that enables the people making these decisions to mitigate financial risk and optimize for human needs.
As a founding member of the Design team at VergeSense, you’ll be creating tools that ultimately enable the physical world to be used and built based on real human behavior. It’s a new domain where few design patterns exist, so you’ll be responsible for helping define the patterns that will shape experiences supporting critical decisions for business leaders tasked with navigating the future of work.
One of many challenges you’ll face along the way will be shaping a data-heavy experience to be easy to use for both technical and non-technical users alike. But it’s an exciting challenge considering the outcome of guiding critical decisions for business leaders tasked with navigating the future of work.
What You'll Do:
- Lead in the presentation and discussion solutions and rationale with stakeholders.
- Lead in the thoughtful critique of design work from peers.
- Apply your expertise in all facets of UX design to craft appealing solutions that solve real problems and are cohesive with the current style.
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize user needs, business goals, and technological realities.
- Partner with product and customer support teams to uncover customer insights, lead design discussions, and influence strategy to help define and execute the product roadmap.
- Help build, circulate, and maintain systems documentation that apply across product lines.
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into development-ready designs that illustrate simplicity, despite the complexity of the domain.
- Collaborate closely with our product and engineering teams to define features and ensure pixel-perfect execution.
What You'll Need:
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience
- You have knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams.
- You have experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research.
- You are proficient in a variety of methods to explore and convey ideas and concepts at the appropriate degrees of fidelity (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- You have an appreciation for urgency over perfection and can balance craft and speed.
- You have expertise with design tools like Figma (preferred), Sketch, inVision, Adobe XD, etc. and are skilled in creating prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner.
- Experience with SaaS and familiarity with Agile development processes
- A portfolio of relevant design work showing how you contributed to solving specific problems and demonstrating an understanding of design principles, advocacy for the user, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.