Business Development Representative
Amsterdam Remote /
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
VergeSense is forming our first Business Development Representative (BDR) Group. The early BDRs will be responsible for initiating the first phases of acquiring new customers.
As an early member of our team, you are the first line of communication with prospects. You should have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Account Executives up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills (verbal and written), and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
We envision this position as a path to greater roles within the company.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Some level of sales experience
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotes
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.