Technical Support Specialist
Remote - US /
Solution Design & Delivery – Support /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
We are looking for a tech-savvy, innovative, and persistent self-starter to join our passionate, customer-facing Solutions Team. This is a unique opportunity to interact with our customers and partners on a daily basis while learning about how IoT products and SaaS solutions work and scale. The ideal candidate excels at both day-to-day ticket management and building scalable support processes, tools, and partnerships. If you are customer-obsessed, love to build, and are looking for a growth opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!
As the first member of our Support Team, you will have the opportunity to grow into a management role with additional responsibilities including defining our support strategy and managing future members of the team and service partners. Other career growth opportunities include other customer facing roles such as implementation, project management, and customer success management.
What You'll Do
- Become a subject matter expert on the VergeSense platform including all technical aspects (hardware, cloud software, APIs, wireless gateways, networking topology, etc)
- Respond to all inbound customer inquiries (via phone, email and chat), including general production education, account configuration, and bug reporting
- Proactively monitor VergeSense’s fleet of devices and contact customers to troubleshoot as needed (e.g. reboot or replace devices, troubleshoot network issues, etc.).
- Maintain tickets via our ticketing system
- Coordinate escalations to our Engineering Team and Customer Success
- Identify trends in customer requests and product performance and share those trends with internal Product, Engineering, and Solutions Teams to drive continuous improvement to our products and customer experience.
- Own and keep our Knowledge Base updated
- Participate in an on-call rotation with our Implementation Team to remotely support our customers and installation partners while they are installing and maintaining VergeSense devices in the field
- Coordinate dispatching of VergeSense partners for system maintenance
- Your measures of success will include Customer satisfaction (CSAT) scores, response times, first contact resolution rate, average resolution time
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS highly preferred. Will consider those with proven experience regardless of educational background
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional services or technical support experience ideally with a company or integrator dealing with IoT hardware and/or SaaS solutions
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with excellent customer-facing manner and technique
- You are a builder! You embrace opportunities to lead and invent new, better ways of doing things
- Highly organized and can juggle multiple competing priorities and tasks while being accountable to tight deadlines
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including participation in an on-call rotation outside of regularly scheduled hours
- Ability to recognize patterns in support tickets and propose new solutions to drive internal efficiency and improve the customer experience (e.g. propose new product features, help articles, communication templates, etc.)
- Experience supporting large enterprise customers, both domestically and internationally is a plus
- Familiarity with support ticket management systems, such as Freshdesk and Intercom, and optimization of such systems
- Familiarity with hardware telemetry metrics and reports
- Basic understanding of running scripts and navigating system logs is a plus
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing & Networking is a plus
- Familiar with physical hardware installations and networking equipment
- Basic computer skills (Internet, Email, Word Processing and Formatting, Spreadsheets, and Presentations)
- Travel is not required. Should you like to travel, in a post-COVID world, there will likely be an opportunity to travel for installations throughout the United States and occasional international deployments
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.