Business Development Representative
Boston, MA /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
VergeSense is forming our first Business Development Representative (BDR) Group. The early BDRs will be responsible for initiating the first phases of acquiring new customers.
As an early member of our team, you are the first line of communication with prospects. You should have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Account Executives up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills (verbal and written), and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
We envision this position as a path to greater roles within the company.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Some level of sales experience
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotes
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.