Firmware Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Hardware /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
We're growing our team and looking for an experienced firmware test engineer. The ideal candidate should be able to understand product requirements, define detailed test strategy, test plans, test cases and have automation experience for Services, Web, Mobile and IoT devices. Responsibilities also includes working in close collaboration with developers and supporting end to end validation using manual and automated test cases for different platforms including cloud environment and IoT device. This position reports to the Director of Firmware Development.
What You'll Do
- Write detailed Test Plan and Test strategy based on Product Requirements.
- Design and Develop automation framework and coverage for services, web, mobile and firmware
- End to end validation of the customer requirements following detailed test plans.
- Own IoT Device - functional, regression and performance testing
- Working with technical customer support on field issues
- Operate in an agile development model
What We're Looking For
- Proven experience as quality assurance engineer with a good proven track record testing firmware and IoT system including automation development in a fast-paced environment
- Five to ten years’ experience in hands-on test formulation and execution
- Experience testing firmware in conjunction with hardware and cloud platform
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience in testing techniques and methods
- Ability to design, build and maintain test harness
- Hands-on programming knowledge using Python
- Knowledge of the Test Plan management tools like TestRail etc.
- Hands on work experience with device running RTOS (FreeRTOS, ThreadX…etc.)
- Capability to work independently and drive projects with many moving parts
- Knowledge of the stability testing of IoT cloud connected devices.
- Experience working cross functionally with offshore and onshore team
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Working familiarity with some or all the following technologies: WiFi, BLE, LTE, Networking, POE, ML/ AI, Network security protocols such as SSL/TLS
- Working experience with some or all of the following interfaces: USB, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, JTAG,
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar engineering discipline
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.