Director of Product, Connected Devices
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Product Management /
The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
We are seeking a Director of Product, Connected Devices to join the continued development of our AI Powered Sensing Platform. In this role you will focus on defining and bringing to market our next generation wired and battery powered AI people counting devices. This will require a self-starter and customer obsessed individual with strong critical thinking, problem solving and creative capabilities. The role will require significant cross functional leadership through influence and education.
What You'll Do
- Champion new hardware products and related features from conception to launch to end of life.
- Own the entire buyer and user experience for VergeSense hardware, continue to make every VergeSense product the easiest to set up, manage and support in the market.
- Drive product roadmap, requirement definition via clear and well researched PRDs for the next generation VergeSense sensors that will be deployed in the millions globally.
- Clearly and effectively communicate product strategy, priorities, decision trade offs across all parts of the organization ensuring alignment and coordination.
- Be a ruthless prioritizer while balancing the needs of customers and cross functional teams to ensure successful launch and delivery of new products with revenue growth and best in class customer experience as the target.
- Collaborate with Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Program Management, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Solution Delivery teams to ensure a successful and timely launch and go to market plan.
- Ability to make high quality decisions based on research and data balanced with product and market instinct.
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and their goals.
- Build a deep understanding of our competitive environment.
- Have a passion and great curiosity for researching new technologies and understanding how they apply to our market to keep VergeSense at the cutting edge.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor degree in technical discipline (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field)
- 8+ years of experience, 5+ years working in product management for connected hardware or IOT products
- Experience with a hardware product development cycle and best-of-class practices
- Consumer electronics background is desired
- Experience with bringing to market products at high volumes globally, managing go to market activities such as market access, quality, support plans, etc.
- Experience with executing on end to end IOT and connected device user experiences including setup software and management systems.
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, high-tech, high-profile start-up where decisions and progress must be made with imperfect information
- Strong analytical skills (Excel, Python, Tableau, SQL etc.)
- Hands on experience using Confluence Jira or equivalent
- Preferred experience with camera vision based products
- Preferred experience with battery powered products
- Good understanding of global certification requirements
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.