Vice President Business Development
Los Angeles, California /
Business Development & Sales /
Verisart is committed to helping creators own their futures and build their careers by using web3 and blockchain technology to make it easier to mint, sell, create and connect. Since 2015, Verisart has worked with over 30,000 creators and is the most trusted and creator-driven platform for minting NFTs, selling more art, and connecting with collectors. www.verisart.com
What we're looking for
A VP Business Development with experience/exposure to all facets a growing company’s sales and customer base. You need to be very hands-on! The primary mission of this position will be to grow Verisart’s revenues by selling technology and services.
You will be responsible for:
- identifying and targeting key customers;
- integration of sales / CRM system;
- sales and business development team management, including hiring, training, developing, motivating, and if necessary firing;
- business development and sales operations, including sales forecasting, sales planning, budgeting, and quota;
- sales collateral and product/services messaging to the customer;
- individual and team compensation, including commissions, bonuses, quotas, group and individual goals;
- sales analytics, business intelligence and competitive landscape;
- internal sales hand-off to account management with new customers, as well and selling to existing customers;
- deal structuring, including contract negotiation, competitive pricing, and trade-offs;
- partner relationship management;
- reporting and measurement in real-time, monthly, quarterly and annual, as well as reports for key initiatives, category and industry progress, field productivity, and customer analysis.
- Craft and execute a revenue strategy. This will include opportunity identification (of customers) and competitive intelligence, as well as sales analysis and pricing to ensure revenue/margin growth.
- Take responsibility for Business Development and set and achieve revenue goals. Implement tools and tracking systems to enable increases in monthly & quarterly revenue.
- Recruit, hire and train additional team members (Business Development, Sales & Marketing). You will be responsible to and maintain a high-performance team.
In addition to the points, above, you will set goals for 2022 forward:
- Measure and increase the sales close rate by standardizing the selling process and instituting/executing comprehensive sales compensation models, which will lead to quota attainment and sales force success.
- Develop sales guidelines and design the sales training and education program, as well as the sales web site.
- Work with the marketing and product teams to better position Verisart and provide sales channel feedback.
- Develop revenue tracking, budgeting and forecasting modules for finance.
- Achieve operational and sales balance to create an effective business unit driving top- and bottom-line results. Long term the VP of Business Development will build on these results and continue to strengthen Verisart’s premium positioning. Among these longer-range objectives will be the following:
- Consistently meet and exceed business development and sales objectives.
- Identify, map/document and develop relationships with the influencers in Verisart’s customer organizations. This analysis should be transparent to the Company with data detailing contact info, size of any noted budgets, cyclical & annual events, and anything else of importance. Should you ‘leave the company’ this work product will be critical for your successor to take advantage of the work you will have done.
- Develop and incentivize a strong sales organization to continue to build and maintain a premium presence with customers.
- Continue to recruit, mentor, train and retain top sales people
- Develop a method to reliably anticipate and understand market trends, customer issues and needs, and competitive moves to serve as a foundation for Verisart going forward.
- Build a reputation for innovative sales and marketing strategies and techniques.
- 4 year degree is important. We will consider candidates that did not complete college, but there should be incredible path of success in their career to counter-balance.
- MBA or MFA a plus.
- Strong closing skills!
- You must have limitless amount of energy and willingness to knock on every door. This is a management role, but you must be willing to carry the bag.
- 10-15+ years of progressive experience focused on sales, business development and strategy with a recognized company selling digital media, internet or ecommerce solutions.
- A “rolodex” of relationships to immediately contact and generate interest for Verisart. We don’t expect to “buy” a rolodex, but after years in the business you need to prove you have contacts.
- A track record of building sales. Expert level experience in sales pipeline development, strategy development, lead generation, prospect penetration and follow-up strategies. You will be expected to formulate and lead Verisart’s sales efforts.
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships and structuring compelling business development deals.
- Proven ability to interact with Senior Management and Board Directors with a focus on driving revenues, improving performance, and contributing to strategy. This part of your experience must come out when we reach out to your references (... should you be a finalist in the search).
- You need to be very hands-on, with a positive can-do attitude, which reflects the company’s culture. Additionally, you should be well organized, detail-oriented, and be able to build out a sales team as needed.
Prioritizing UK-based candidates
This role has a hybrid working pattern. We are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. We are prioritizing candidates already in the UK and within traveling distance to our office in Mayfair, London.