Hardware Engineering Program Manager
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As an EPM on our hardware team, you will lead the development and execution of cutting edge new hardware programs. You’ll steer our cross-functional efforts from prototype to production and guide the bring-up of new products on new factory lines. You’ll thrive at the intersection of engineering, manufacturing, operations, and product management.
- Lead end to end product development efforts; steer new programs from requirements definition through to validation, certification, ramp-up and sustaining.
- Work closely with EE, ME, FW, and ID team members to craft and track program schedules and coordinate all deliverables.
- Leverage your engineering foundation to de-risk development and clear hurdles related to testing, line bring-up, SOPs, factory flow, yield and more.
- Lead a wide variety of weekly meetings including vendor calls, internal team updates, and presentations with key leadership team members.
- Own the build plan and unit allocation leading up to product launches. Coordinate with Engineering, Product Managers, and Supply Chain team members to execute the launch plan.
- Serve as the key point of contact for an international network of manufacturing partners. Drive vendors towards aggressive schedules and ambitious objectives.
- Guide compliance efforts, sustaining work, and post-launch failure analysis efforts.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical design, validation and manufacturing. SMT exposure is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and manufacturing new electronics products. Must have completed at least one full hardware development cycle through product launch. FATP exposure is a major plus.
- 2+ years of experience working with an overseas hardware supply chain.
- Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communication. Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20%
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.