Hardware Engineering Program Manager
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As an EPM on our hardware team, you will champion new programs from concept to mass production. You enjoy not only managing schedules, vendors, and deliverables, but also rolling your sleeves to bring up a manufacturing line.
- Create and track engineering development schedules and milestones through various NPI gates.
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers to coordinate design releases, manage vendor deliverables, and ensure proper validation testing.
- Plan and execute on development builds, including factory line bringup, test plans, manufacturing SOPs, allocations, yield reporting, and failure analysis.
- Provide regular project updates and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with product and operations team to build out launch plans.
- Manage sustaining production of products and lead post-launch failure analysis.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree. Mechanical and assembly experience a major plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical design and validation. SMT experience a plus.
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 2-4 years of experience in developing and manufacturing new electronics products, must have completed at least one full hardware development cycle through product launch.
- At least 2 years of experience working with an overseas supply chain.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20%.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.