San Mateo, California /
Business Operations – Finance /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
As International Accountant, you will be responsible for the accounting and financial operations of Verkada’s rapidly growing international subsidiaries. The role involves accounting and operational responsibilities and requires exceptional problem solving skills. This individual will work closely with the VP of Finance along with other leaders at Verkada.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables for Verkada’s international subsidiaries (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting).
- Support international compliance, including statutory reporting and regulatory filings.
- Act as primary contact for Verkada’s international finance service providers.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders related to Verkada’s international expansion.
- Manage transfer pricing calculations, relevant inter-company entries, and support international tax structure compliance.
- Coordinate internal and external audit and tax requests including preparation of supporting reports and documentation.
- BS or BA in Finance or Accounting
- Work experience in accounting a plus
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Curiosity and a passion for learning
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.