Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Infrastructure/Platform /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
We are actively looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join the Infrastructure team.
As a member of the infrastructure team, your role will be to manage this infrastructure and continue to make it easier for our team to monitor and scale it, be it by adopting 3rd party tools or design your own. Example projects include optimizing our cluster cost efficiency, enforcing security requirements, improving monitoring and alerting, and adopting a service mesh.
- Keep our infrastructure up!
- Improve infrastructure automation
- Define infrastructure roadmap
- Provide technical support for engineers on other teams
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 1-2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and tooling
Nice to have
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers
- Experience with service mesh
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.