Embedded Engineer - Computer Vision
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We're focused on hiring embedded software engineers that will work on our computer vision system and applications. They should understand not only the lower-level systems, but also how everything integrates together from the hardware to the UI. You’ll be working closely on one side with our embedded systems team, on the other side with server and UI engineers. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where your work is regularly shipping to customers and improving people’s safety, this is the place for you!
- Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C, Go and Python.
- Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define new specs for future products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 2+ years of experience working on embedded software development.
- Proficient in C or C++. Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers, userspace drivers or low-level system software development.
- Preferred experience working with cameras, video codecs and processing.
- Preferred experience working with any heterogeneous computing hardware, e.g. GPU, DSP, ML accelerator or other coprocessors / accelerators.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.