Embedded Engineer - Computer Vision
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
We're focused on hiring embedded software engineers that will work on our computer vision system and applications. They should understand not only the lower-level systems, but also how everything integrates together from the hardware to the UI. You’ll be working closely on one side with our embedded systems team, on the other side with server and UI engineers. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where your work is regularly shipping to customers and improving people’s safety, this is the place for you!
- Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C, Go and Python.
- Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define new specs for future products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 2+ years of experience working on embedded software development.
- Proficient in C or C++. Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Experience with Linux kernel drivers, userspace drivers or low-level system software development.
- Preferred experience working with cameras, video codecs and processing.
- Preferred experience working with any heterogeneous computing hardware, e.g. GPU, DSP, ML accelerator or other coprocessors / accelerators.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.