Senior Front-end Engineer - New Products
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - New Products /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our engineering team, you will create the look and feel of how customers interact with custom-made hardware, improve Verkada's web-based assets, and contextualize a tremendous amount of data to be easily understandable to the end user. If the thought of modernizing an old industry while making the world safer and more secure appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Who You Are:
- Excited by new products and creating new things
- You think about delivering best-in-class products and experiences - not features
- You can take a less-than-fully-fleshed-out product idea and drive it to completion
- You think learning to solder wires or fiddling with a Raspberry Pi is fun or interesting
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Understanding of HTTP APIs and practical debugging techniques with the Chrome debugger
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Mastery of d3 or other charting libraries for data visualization
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.