Software Engineering Manager, Edge Devices
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Build the Edge Devices function from the ground up by recruiting, leading, and inspiring a talented team of software engineers.
- Provide a strategic and innovative engineering roadmap to the team to achieve the product vision.
- Be directly responsible for managing the daily operations of Verkada’s embedded Linux platform that supports our network of cloud-connected cameras and user-facing applications.
- Partner closely with the rest of the engineering team to continuously deliver Verkada’s products to customers.
- Partner with the Information Security team to ensure best security practices are being followed across the team, infrastructure, and services.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Preferred) in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' experience managing, leading and inspiring a team of engineers; including hiring, retaining and managing performance.
- 5+ years experience in Linux development as a software engineer.
- Experience with Linux servers/daemons, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel patches, etc.
- Experience with peripheral devices over busses such as USB, I2C, C programming language and secure operating system and security focused programming.
- Experience with the Ambarella SDK is a plus.
- Preferred experience: yocto, IoT devices, cameras or imaging systems, low power environments, on-device computer vision, etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.