Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Infrastructure/Platform /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
We are actively looking for a talented software engineer to join the Infrastructure team with a focus on engineering productivity and …Example projects include improving build time and dependency management in our monorepo, allowing engineers to quickly iterate locally on microservices, building fast and reliable testing framework, or standardizing logging and monitoring systems.
- Make every engineer’s day-to-day productive and enjoyable!
- Define engineering tooling roadmap
- Own Kubernetes deployment and development tooling
- Build various software and hardware testing frameworks
- Provide technical support for engineers on other teams
- Help with growing the team
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in at least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and tooling
- Comfortable with working at the frontier of infrastructure and software development
Nice to have
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with Go
- Experience managing a monorepo
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems
- Experience with ArgoCD
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.