San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are actively looking for a talented Productivity Engineer to join the Platform team and be a force multiplier across the engineering organization. Our small team's mission is to make every engineer’s life productive and enjoyable. We are dedicated to defining the way engineers build backend services at Verkada, whether it is by managing the infrastructure, creating the engineering tooling or building application frameworks.
As the first member of this team solely dedicated to engineering productivity, you will get to own the current tooling, define its roadmap, and drive adoption across the entire engineering organization. Example projects include improving build time and dependency management in our monorepo, allowing engineers to quickly iterate locally on microservices or standardize logging and monitoring systems.
- Make every engineer’s day-to-day productive and enjoyable!
- Define engineering tooling roadmap.
- Own Kubernetes deployment and development tooling.
- Provide technical support for engineers on other teams.
- Help with growing the team.
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (preferably Python).
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Kubernetes.
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and tooling.
- Comfortable with working at the frontier of infrastructure and software development.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience managing a monorepo.
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems.
- Experience with ArgoCD.
- Experience writing Kubernetes controllers.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.