Software Engineering Manager - Security and Privacy
San Mateo, California /
Security – Security Engineering /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
We are a small, dynamic team focused on building security and privacy infrastructure and tooling. If you are looking for a leadership role and you are excited about building new ways to keep people safe and secure, then we want to hear from you. As a member of the Security team, you will be the architect, designer, and developer in a broad range of projects. You will work closely with Engineers to develop great user experiences -- not just features -- and to help build and scale a web-based platform that will support a suite of connected devices for enterprise customers at scale.
We are a very strong team focused on building cloud-managed building security systems, which is Verkada’s flagship product line. We're looking for a strong engineering manager to lead and grow a backend team.
- Build the software engineering team within the Security Team by recruiting, leading, and mentoring.
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and actively write code or prototype new features.
- Be accountable for driving project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute goals, priorities, and process.
- 2+ years experience managing, leading, and inspiring a team of engineers; including hiring, retaining, and managing performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a backend software engineering role.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience building security or privacy infrastructure preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
$160,000 - $315,000 a year
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $160,000 - $315,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).