San Mateo, California
G&A – Recruiting
MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software. In development now: Human-equivalent AI security agents.
Backed by First Round Capital, Founders Collective, and Sequoia Capital, Verkada is a hyper-growth Series-B startup fundamentally changing the enterprise security space by developing “smart” video-based surveillance technology to help companies in the digital age. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers' lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats.
As a Technical Sourcer, you will partner with engineering leadership and the recruiting team to identify, contact, and engage high caliber engineering professionals to join our world-class team. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley and in this role, you will be essential to our continuous growth!
- Partner with engineering leadership and technical recruiting to identify priority requisitions requiring sourcing support.
- Build top-of-funnel engineering pipeline by: Identifying top flight software and hardware engineering talent, contacting and connecting with passive leads through various channels/platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, emails, meet-ups, calls) to drive engagement, and convince candidates to interview through effective positioning of Verkada’s employer brand, technology, and upside.
- Develop and implement out-of-box sourcing strategies in collaboration with engineering and recruiting teams.
- Partner with engineering team to increase the volume of referrals for high-priority openings.
- Serving as employer brand ambassador for Verkada through all communication channels with passive/active candidates.
- Self-manage by understanding recruiting funnel, and measuring performance against agreed upon goals/metrics between recruiting and engineering.
- Drive recruiting hygiene by accurately capturing all sourcing/recruiting activity in ATS (we use Lever).
- Driven self-starter who operates well with minimal supervision.
- Effective and effortless communicator who is equally comfortable writing or speaking to a technical audience.
- 3+ years of technical sourcing/recruiting experience either with agency or well-known technology company/start-up.
- High level understanding of software and hardware engineering concepts and jargon/terminology.
- Proficiency with recruiting software and tools including applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn, text/template tools, and sourcing platforms.
- Proficiency in translating job descriptions into Boolean searches delivering targeted results.
- Advanced level skills with G-Suite (docs, spreadsheets) and/or MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Grit, tenacity, intellectual curiosity, the desire to get better, and great sense of humor never hurts!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.