Hardware Program Engineer
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Architect and define new hardware products, engage in market analysis to determine product market fit.
- Work with product design team to establish industrial design concepts for new products.
- Iterate and validate on electrical schematics and layout.
- Collaborate with JDM partners to build mechanical drawings and mock-ups.
- Build and track product schedule through various NPI gates.
- Develop test plans, manufacturing SOPs, and quality processes.
- Validate factory readiness and collaborate with factory team to maximize product quality and efficiency.
- Work with mechanical part vendors to validate tools and drive all part issues to closure.
- Collaborate closely with software engineering team and incorporate feedback into design as needed.
- Work with product and operations team to build out launch plans.
- Manage sustaining production of products and lead post-launch failure analysis.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred. Some mechanical and assembly experience a major plus.
- 2-4 years experience in launching new electronics products. Must have completed at least one full cycle hardware product launch.
- At least 2 years working with an Asian supply chain.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.