Software Engineer, Growth Systems
San Mateo, California /
Marketing – Marketing Operations /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission-critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Our growth team prides itself on using a first principles approach to unlock new ways of scaling revenue. Using engineering to overcome obstacles and scale/automate processes, we dare experiment where most marketing teams fall short or lack skill sets. As a Software Engineer on the growth team you will architect and own the systems and processes that power marketing campaigns that directly accelerate revenue growth.
- Translate business problem requirements into an engineering solution and execute on it!
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Learn new languages and frameworks quickly.
- Work with the product engineering team to integrate our product with our growth systems.
- Work alongside Verkada’s CMO to execute on new out-of-the-box experiments to deliver, target, and run marketing campaigns that drive direct revenue impact.
- Utilize your deep engineering expertise to develop platforms, workflows, and automations supporting growth experimentation.
- Unlock complicated blockers via engineering skillsets that prevent marketers from achieving scale or efficiency.
- 2+ years working experience in SWE role or equivalent.
- 4 year CS degree or relevant work experience.
- Some experience with AWS serverless infrastructure a bonus!
- First principles thinking, ambition, positive attitude.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.