Computer Vision Engineer - CV
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Recent Projects For This Role Include
Implementing and deploying a binary classifier using TensorFlow for detecting the binary states across hundreds of cameras
Detecting unusual object addition/removal in a scene
Detecting and counting object and people frequencies
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, preferably with research experience
- 2+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 1+ years of work or research experience with current neural net frameworks
- Mastery of at least one practical programming language
- Experience working in a agile team software development environment
- Python - writing clean, modular, pythonic code
- Traditional computer vision algorithms
- Training deep learning networks using TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, or similar
- Data structures and architecture
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.