Full Stack Software Engineer - Internal Tools (Front End focused)
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Infrastructure/Platform /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you will enable developers at Verkada to easily put quality features into the hands of users. We emphasize tools over processes, automation over operation, metrics over anecdotes, iteration over perfection, and proactive over responsive.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot custom developed frontend and backend tools/platforms for internal use
- Own a high level of cross functional team communications and demonstrate deep engineering knowledge
- 3+ years of full stack development experience
- 2+ years experience in tools and custom application development
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as ReactJS or VueJS
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to have
- Proficient in at least one of the backend programming language such as Go and Python
- Experience working with Microservices and AWS
- Beautiful design skills
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.