Solutions Engineer - Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah /
Sales – Sales - Solutions Engineering /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is seeking Solution Engineers to own and enhance the customer experience, from the proof-of-concept to the final decision. This individual will provide technical support to the sales team, become a trusted advisor to customers, assist the sales team in designing security systems and quotes, and create solutions for unique customer challenges. You will join a team of highly motivated people delivering impactful results for the company. We are looking primarily for people who can match our fast pace and learn quickly, but prior experience with video security systems, IoT devices and access control systems is certainly helpful.
- Become the trusted technical advisor for the key decision-makers: CTOs, CISOs, and Senior Network Engineers
- Engage with sales managers to understand current deal statuses and next steps
- Leverage technical knowledge to overcome customer barriers and concerns
- Influence product direction with your unique understanding of customer needs
- Collaborate with support to accelerate product improvement
- Work with Project Managers/Operations team members in the execution of designed security solutions
- Prepare required project documentation (floorplans, scope of work, assumptions, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing/switching devices; No experience with products related to physical security or cloud-based video necessary: we can teach you
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Experience working with APIs, Python, and other coding languages is a plus
- Experience working with Linux operating systems preferred
- Genuine excitement for software and hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S (Position does not provide sponsorship)
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.