Director of Product Management, Core Platform
San Mateo, California /
Product – Product /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform. In just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management). Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, our products give organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Recently valued at $3.2 billion with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with nine offices across three continents (San Mateo, Austin, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Tampa, London, Sydney, Taipei City and Krakow), 1,400+ full-time employees and 15,000+ customers across 73 countries, including 100+ companies in the Fortune 500.
This is just the beginning. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we face and the innovative platform we are building to make our schools, hospitals, businesses and communities safer.
Verkada’s mission is to become the security and safety OS for every organization. The Product team at Verkada is responsible for driving our product vision and identifying opportunities for Verkada to grow and succeed as a business.
Verkada manages hundreds of thousands of devices - soon to be millions - that serve and protect millions of people on a daily basis. Verkada’s Platform team is responsible for the products and frameworks that make Verkada a scalable, enterprise-ready, unified physical security platform.
This team has two primary goals - 1. delivering an awesome, intuitive, consistent experience across Verkada’s products, and 2. building common infrastructure that allows other Verkada teams to build new products quickly. The team owns User & Org Management, Device Management, Licensing, Security & Privacy, mobile and AppleTV surfaces, and our shared Command user interface.
- Manage a set of platform products and capabilities that form the foundation of Verkada’s product portfolio and core capabilities.
- Consider the product needs of the platform along with end users. Looking forward you will obsess over the stability, scalability and extensibility of the platform.
- Collaborate with Engineering to design and implement core platform solutions that will scale across hundreds of thousands of customers and support dozens of different product types.
- Work with Engineering and Design to deliver intuitive administrative features that scale to enterprise use cases.
- Connect with customers, reseller partners, install partners to build Voice of Customer perspectives on to build a platform that works for their enterprise needs.
- Educate Sales & Support on latest platform features and capabilities that help differentiate Verkada from the market.
- Think deeply about the metrics and monitoring needed for a world-class enterprise platform.
- Collaborate with product leaders, engineering leadership and executives to identify next generation product or growth opportunities.
- Do whatever it takes to make your product and your team successful.
- Recruit and develop a team of product managers to tackle thorny problems
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS optional.
- Technical fluency with analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Scaled an enterprise product or platform
- Motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- Focus on customer needs and market empathy
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.