Frontend Software Engineer - Streaming
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
The stream team is a group of industry experts in video streaming technologies from many diverse backgrounds. Working with such smart and dedicated team members is one of the most exciting parts of working at Verkada.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve Verkada’s video and audio streaming infrastructure
- Ensure customers have the best streaming experience for both live and historical footage
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → browser
- Write clean, maintainable, testable code
- 3+ years experience of industry experience in video streaming
- Loves to solve hard technological optimization problems
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience debugging frontend performance and network optimizations
- Experience with Unit and Integration tests
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people)
- Comfortable with SQL, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Works well with product and design teams
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.