Senior Frontend Engineer - Streaming
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
The stream team is a group of industry experts in video streaming technologies from many diverse backgrounds. Working with such smart and dedicated team members is one of the most exciting parts of working at Verkada.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve Verkada’s video and audio streaming infrastructure
- Ensure customers have the best streaming experience for both live and historical footage
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → browser
- Write clean, maintainable, testable code
- 3+ years experience of industry experience in video streaming
- Loves to solve hard technological optimization problems
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience debugging frontend performance and network optimizations
- Experience with Unit and Integration tests
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people)
- Comfortable with SQL, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Works well with product and design teams
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.