Channel Sales Manager - Mid-Atlantic
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania /
Sales – Sales - Channel /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada seeks a high-energy Channel Sales Manager to help manage the on-boarding, growth, and development of key Verkada reseller partners. As an early member of this fast-growing channel organization, your primary responsibility will be to develop and nurture a defined-set of reseller partners so as to exceed an assigned revenue target.
The Regional Channel Sales Manager will establish influential executive-level partner relationships, build quarterly and ad-hoc business plans, design and deliver sales and technical training, lead/manage to- and through- partner marketing activities, act as the partners’ advocate within Verkada articulating Partners’ business value to Verkada sales, and other duties as assigned.
The desired candidate will have 4+ years’ direct reseller channel management experience. Prior start-up environment experience and success in launching new technologies is a plus. The candidate will possess the personal drive to deliver what needs to get done, while also having an empathetic and nurturing personality necessary to grow long-term relationships. This position will be based in Washington DC/Philadelphia/Pittsburgh area and will be a field role. This may require up to 50% travel.
- Become an expert in all-things Verkada
- Work collaboratively with Verkada sales teams to identify key opportunities, develop sales forecasts, and remove potential obstacles
- Educate partner executives, LOB owners, and sales teams on Verkada products, programs, promotions, pricing and sales campaigns
- Develop and execute customer-facing and internal partner marketing activities
- Conduct quarterly and ad-hoc partner business reviews to ensure aligned with objectives
- Regularly report on partner achievements and assigned metrics
- Make recommendations regarding channel partner program tools, incentives, and go-to-market messaging
- Bachelors degree
- 4+ years of channel management experience with Security and/or IT VAR reseller partners
- Demonstrated channel sales success (President’s Club or similar recognition)
- Disciplined to follow defined processes, yet creative to recommend/build new, scalable approaches
- Ability to develop relationships and engage at all levels within partners (Sales to C-suite)
- Fluency in Salesforce, Excel, and other business software
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, balance multiple priorities, achieve deadlines
- Engaging personality, polished verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Must live in Washington DC/Philadelphia/Pittsburgh region
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.