San Mateo, California /
Product – Product /
Verkada is seeking Product Specialists / Evangelists for New Products . We are looking for individuals with a technical background who have an interest in connected, smart buildings. We are developing networks of sensors, actuators and software platforms designed to transform how we secure and interact with physical assets. We are looking for adventurous people who are excited about ideating, testing and evangelizing new technology that impacts every person who works in an office. We are looking for people who are highly motivated and can learn quickly. Prior experience with IoT devices, databases management, video security systems, or access controls is helpful. We have a particular interest in folks who like to work with their hands - tell us about how a project that you have tinkered with or a renovation project you’ve worked on.
This individual will be leading the charge as we take new products to market. This includes testing early prototypes at alpha customer sites, interfacing with customers to understand their needs, and partnering with our sales team as we take our prototypes to market.
- Experience scripting in Python or other coding languages.
- Strong understanding of Linux & SQL.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Networking fundamentals: VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, and software systems.
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Genuine excitement for software + hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field from an accredited university.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Hands on experience with Raspberry Pi is a plus
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.