Solutions Engineering - London, UK
Verkada UK - London
Sales – Solutions Engineering
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is seeking Solution Engineers with expert experience in networking, Linux systems, security surveillance and access control. This individual will provide technical support to the sales team, interface with customers, assist the sales team in designing security systems and quotes, and perform site surveys/audits for clients. We are looking primarily for people who are highly motivated and can learn quickly, however, prior experience with video security systems, IoT devices and access controls is certainly helpful.
- Design security systems including IP Video Surveillance
- Provide solution designs to fulfil customer requirements
- Prepare comprehensive bill of materials and quotes
- Respond to RFP’s & bids
- Work with Project Managers/Operations Team Members in the execution of designed security solutions
- Work with sales team members to educate customers on the various security products available
- Prepare required project documentation (floorplans, scope of work, assumptions, etc…)
Experience and Expertise
- Strong backgrounds include networking, physical security, and general IT
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to continue education in the various security products on the market
- Ability to think “outside the box” and come up with designs to suit a client’s needs
- 10% Travel may be required
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Experience with VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, and software systems; No experience with products related to physical security, cloud-based video necessary: we can teach you
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills that will directly impact the speed and quality of response to customers and partners
- Genuine excitement for software + hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Experience working with API's, Python, and other coding languages is a plus.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.