San Mateo, California /
Marketing – Design /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
This is an amazing opportunity to extend our brand across all customer touchpoints - website, mobile, emails, advertising, events, blogs, and social in compelling new ways. If you are a powerhouse of ideas, care deeply about crafting beautiful user-centered experiences, and love a strong creative collaboration with marketing, content, and product, we’d love to hear from you. As a member of the growing Design team, you will report into Verkada’s VP of Design and play a lead role in developing the brand, elevating the Verkada story, and building out design systems and experiences that connect with our customers and enable us to modernize an old industry while making the world a more secure place.
- Define, design and execute marketing awareness campaign efforts for both external and internal target audiences.
- Help evolve and build the Verkada brand system for cross-functional use.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing creative team on marketing collaterals, tradeshow events, and other needs.
- Continue to elevate and expand Verkada’s drive for excellence in crafting the best communication and design.
- Be an ambassador of the growing and expanding Verkada employee brand.
- Manage and maintain an excellent understanding of project timelines and deliverables.
- Communicate and collaborate with designers, copywriters, web design & development, as well as broader cross-functional stakeholders within Marketing, Design, Product, HR, and Operations.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of in-house or agency experience.
- An expert visual communicator and problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio showcasing marketing communication campaigns and design across a variety of touches and mediums, including digital, print and physical spaces.
- Thoughtful and articulate about big and small design decisions.
- Possess the energy, enthusiasm and drive to deliver the best design in the industry with a passion for the craft—an advocate for creative excellence.
- Advanced skills in design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere.
- Working knowledge of motion design/video editing software, After Effects/Premiere.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.