Embedded Engineer - Streaming
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Our streaming team features strong software engineering talent with a lot of expertise in video streaming. Video streaming is obviously at the core of what we do as a video security company. We invest heavily in our streaming experience to ensure that we are providing our customers with the best streaming experience possible for both live video and historical video.
- Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C, Go and Python.
- Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define new specs for future products.
- BS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 2+ years of experience working on Linux development as a Software Engineer.
- Proficient in C. Go and Python are nice to have.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Familiar with Linux servers, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel patches, secure operating systems and security focused programming.
- Preferred experience working with embedded Linux, cameras, video codecs and processing.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.