Technical Support Engineer - UK
Technical Support – Technical Support /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is expanding rapidly in the EMEA region. We are looking for Technical Support Engineers to support our growing base of enterprise customers in our London office. As a member of Technical Support, you will join a skilled team, supporting the entire line of Verkada cloud-managed building security products. Working independently and collaboratively, you will solve technical issues and advise customers on our platform. Responsibilities include troubleshooting complex customer environments, educating customers on system installation and configuration, collaborating with Engineers to identify and resolve bugs, providing crucial feedback to Product Management to drive product improvement, and creating knowledge base articles. Our team is the bridge between customers, Engineering, and Product Management. If you want to make an impact and advance your career in the cloud-managed IoT space, we'd love to hear from you!
- Full-stack troubleshooting of the Verkada platform including, network, hardware, software, and electrical issues.
- Provide best practice design, installation, and configuration expertise to enterprise customers.
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing.
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs.
- Write technical knowledge base articles and whitepapers.
- Staying up to date on the latest products and industry technologies.
- Build tools and processes that will scale.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems.
- Experience working with Linux, APIs, Python, or other coding languages is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cybersecurity.
- 1+ years professional or internship experience in a technical or IT role preferred.
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical & dental insurance coverage
- Fertility benefits
- Wellness allowance
- Monthly commuter benefits
- Kitchen filled with drinks and snacks & daily food allowance when working from the office
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.