Technical Support Engineer - London, UK
Technical Support – Technical Support /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is the leader in cloud managed video surveillance and physical security. Our mission is to be the essential physical security software layer for every building, and the foundation of a larger enterprise IoT infrastructure. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work on leading-edge cloud managed IoT technology, while providing troubleshooting, design, and integration assistance to our growing base of enterprise customers.
- Full stack troubleshooting of the Verkada platform including, network, hardware and software.
- Provide best practice design and integration expertise to enterprise customers.
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing.
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs.
- Write technical knowledge base articles and whitepapers.
- Build tools and processes that will scale.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems.
- Experience working with Linux, APIs, Python or other coding languages are a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cybersecurity.
- 1+ years professional or internship experience in a technical or IT related role preferred.
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.